Monday, November 23, 2009

What is Your Horse Thinking???


Lately I’ve been noticing that when I take one of the horses out to the arena to ride, the remaining 3 spend a great deal of time watching us from the paddock. It always surprises me a little, quite frankly.

I can’t help but wonder what they are thinking??!!!

After some consideration, I’ve narrowed it down to the following:

1) Good God, I’m glad that’s not me!
2) When is it gonna be my turn??!!!
3) Hmmm, let me assist and send Jenn some tips on how to ride that horse right!
4) Let’s help out that poor pony and give them some clues about what on earth Jenn is trying to communicate.
5) It’s so boring out here, at least there’s something to watch.
6) All of the above.
7) It depends on which horse you are talking about.

So, which one do you think it is?

Personally, I think it depends on which horse is watching.

If Charm is watching, I imagine her to be saying: “How could she have picked that horse instead of me! I’d better watch and make sure nothing untoward is going on!”

If Seren is watching, I imagine her to be thinking: “Oh thank god, I lucked out today. I get to sit here and be teacher for the little ones.”

If Little Man is watching, he seems to be saying, “ Oh please, I want to be next! Please, please!”

And if Frolic is watching, she seems to be soaking in the lessons, “Oh, so that’s what a round circle is! I’ll try that out next time.”

Readers: Please share- What would your horse be thinking???

No comments:

Post a Comment