Monday, February 22, 2010

When is Your Horse Refusing to Work a Good Thing?


When she wants to offer you healing!!!

Very often, your horse knows what is best for you- because she’s more in tune with Truth and what’s really going on inside of you both!

But if you aren’t listening, or worse, think your horse is mis-behaving, you’ll miss out on some pretty powerful experiences for your own benefit!

Here’s an example.

The other day I went out to ride Charm. I really, really wanted to ride. It didn’t have to be a long ride, in fact, all I was looking for was a short bareback ride in a halter. But I wasn’t having a great day and really longed to feel her back beneath me.

She was cooperative enough, until I brought her up to the mounting block. Then, she just wouldn’t step up the last 3 steps so I could hop on her. She planted her feet and basically refused to budge.

I was disappointed, it was getting late and cold, I didn’t have a lot of time to fool around.

Now, it would have been easy to see her behavior as “disobedient.” I could have INSISTED she step up. Frankly, I am sure that would have worked.

But these days, I know better. So I take a deep breath and try to tune into what’s really going on.

I sat on the mounting block, and explained to Charm what I wanted to do, then I asked Charm what was going on.

She responded with a sort of concerned look in her eye and took a step further back from the mounting block. Ok, so we definitely weren’t going for a ride.

What were we going to do?

Charm was awfully interested in my hands, so I let her smell them and lick them.

When she began repeated yawning, I knew what we were doing- we were having a healing session.

Charm was right- what I really needed more than riding, was time to tune into the heavy weight of depression that had been bearing down on me lately. And she was ready to help.

She got busy moving stuck energy from a variety of the charka areas, but she kept returning to my hands.

Then she did something I’ve never seen any of the horses do while healing- while licking my hand, she kept her tongue on my palm and began to yawn, without removing her tongue from my hand.

I would have thought it was a coincidence, but she did it deliberately, more than once.

And it had an immediate effect: I retched a couple of times, until I actually threw up.

Charm calmly waited, ever attentive to her mission, even though she wasn’t restrained in any way. Never once did she try to grab some grass to nibble, or take off to the freedom of the surrounding pasture.

Then it occurred to me: I just witnessed an Equine- Energy Extraction Technique!

From previous healing work, I’ve discovered that sometimes a stuck energy actually needs to be physically thrown up from the body, by a series of violent retching, or actually throwing up. It’s quite effective in dislodging really stuck energies.

Then the tears came, and I allowed them, knowing they were helping to cleanse away unneeded energies that were no longer serving.

When the emotions passed, I felt lighter and clearer than I had in days.

I thanked Charm for having the wisdom to refuse to ride and the loving kindness to offer me what I really needed instead: A Healing.

What would change in your life if you started to tune into what really wanted to happen in any given interaction with your horse?

What would shift in your relationship with your horse if you made the assumption that your horse had a valid opinion of how to best spend your time together?

What would happen if you slowed down and took the time to really listen to what your horse had to offer?

Try it out and let me know what you discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment